There are several common problems that HVAC systems in Sacramento, CA develop over time. If your furnace rattles every time it turns on and doesn’t heat your house properly, you know it needs to be repaired. When your air conditioning never cycles off and your house is still not cool, it’s obvious something is wrong. With a preventative maintenance program from a reputable heating & air conditioning company like Clarke & Rush your HVAC systems will continue to run efficiently throughout the year.
The most common HVAC problems that will have you looking for air conditioning or furnace repair are:
- A blown fuse – the fuses protect your systems against overheating, and are the first thing that goes when something isn’t working properly.
- Faulty Capacitors – the run capacitor helps the motor maintain a consistent speed and the start capacitor gives the compressor increase in startup torque.
- Worn out contactors – there are contactors for the condenser fan motor, the compressor, and the blower motor. When they develop arcs and pits, it’s hard for the electric current to pass through and start the motor.
- Corroded gas valve – the gas valve is connected to your furnace, and corrosion can cause dangerous leaks and system inefficiencies.
- Dirty filters – if light doesn’t pass through when you hold the filter against it, the filter needs to be changed.
- A faulty thermostat – the thermostat may be accidently turned off or be malfunctioning.
- Clogged drain lines – when the drainage from your air conditioner is clogged, it can cause water damage inside your home, which may develop toxic mold.
- Leaking refrigerant in your air conditioning unit will make the compressor run hot. The compressor coil is located outside and exposed to the elements, so it needs to be cleaned annually.
- Leaking ducts – tiny slits in the joints of your HVAC duct system can cause a big problem. It usually takes a professional to find the leaks and repair them.
You may be able to avoid several of these problems if you keep your air filters clean every 30 days and keep the ducts and intake vents clean. However, it’s worth knowing the problems that can arise, so you can call a repair contractor in Sacramento, CA before any of it becomes a major concern.
There are a few common problems that most HVAC systems have during their 10 to 15 years of useful functioning. You can reduce your repair and energy bills by having your system checked annually by a professional.